Client: ABNAMRO Verzekeringen
Location: Zwolle, the Netherlands
Surface: 5500 m2
Circular design with a story
“I think we are not exaggerating when we say that 90% of the products in this interior are recycled. In this case, it’s a combination of recycled existing pieces and secondhand furniture that was sourced elsewhere. The other 10% was bought new, ensuring each purchase qualities as sustainable.”
ABN AMRO’s ambition was to create a sustainable and circular interior with authentic pieces. The emphasis was on an atmosphere that offers comfort and connection in several different lounge areas.
The initial request was to place the same type of sofa on each floor as a statement piece and the first object you see upon entry. Sourcing similar sofa’s from secondhand retailers proved quite impossible, so a few authentic sofas from Maastricht’s city hall were reupholstered – real eye catchers that offer a space for silence.
The two boardroom tables are a unique example of circular design. The top layer is made of old waste paper bins from the ABN AMRO office. The table’s base is cut from under the existing boardroom table, cut in half and transformed into two tables with recycled wooden table tops.
The train compartment seats are two connected pieces that fit perfectly in the alcoves. The recycled leather frames on the wall and ceiling create a beautiful synergy of materials and furniture.
The acoustic panels were re-used in repurposed as privacy dividers between several desks. The leftover panels were transformed into planters that also promote privacy between work stations.
Would like to receive the booklet with the complete story in Dutch in PDF? Read this
- 131 work spaces were re-used and desks were upgraded
- 22 adjustable stand up desks were re-used
- 100% circular design meeting spaces
- 54 work stations are a combination of recycling and secondhand materials.
- 100% of the lounge areas are repurposed furniture pieces and materials. 60% of the new upholstery is post consumer recycled polyester. The other 40% of the fabric is conform the EU Eco label.
- Desk chairs: 100% re-used.
- Special desk chairs, such as counter height chairs for high fixed tables: 100% re-used