Grand Villa Argentina
Client: Adriatic Luxery Hotels
Location: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Surface: 40.000 m2
From the sea into the air
In 2020 D/DOCK was asked by Grand Villa Argentina in Dubrovnik, Croatia to design a renewed Architectural and Interior Concept for this Grand 5 star resort on the Adriatic Coast. The resort consists of a main building and five remote pavilions which include a total of 133 rooms, restaurants, bars, wellness and outside sea-front terrace areas. The situation on a cliff on the Adriatic sea makes the landscaping integral part of the overall architecture.
Main objectives of the concept:
- To improve the hospitality business model, the user experience and the quality of architectural and interior design we propose the following strategy:
- Increase quality of rooms, in size, style and views.
- Improve, centralize and assign extra quality to access and routing
- Design from the user, the interior, outwards.
- Focus on liveliness in public areas, increasing amount of visual connections
- Blend interior and exterior by using green indoors and making semi-outside spaces.
- Increase visual and physical connection with heritage buildings and landscape by lowering the lower seaside building.
- Introducing a sophisticated style, a fresh mix between contemporary, art deco and mediterranean.
‘We descended down the cliff through a scenic architectural void, embraced by clean lines, luxurious details and surprised by lively spaces with breathtaking glimpses of the Adriatic coast’