Facility & Events Intern
Have you got what it takes to help us host the unexpected in the Amsterdam Houthavens? Are you mentally always hands-on, staying as flexible as our opening hours and as reliable as our professional coffee machine? Do you want to gain experience in running a workspace, a restaurant, an auditorium and an event venue, all at the same time? Well, then you came to the right space. Because we are looking for an HBO/WO student who wants to learn how to run the blended venue that is DB55 during a paid internship.
DB55 is a new kind of venue where innovation, education, sports, health, art and leisure come together. In this former wood warehouse, we don’t just house companies like D/DOCK, Furnify, Nachtlab Agency, MOSS, MEOW, Workbrands and De Atleetfabriek. We also connect the nearby residents in the Amsterdam Houthavens to local entrepreneurs, offering space for events, lectures, art exhibitions and basically anything that our people throw at us. We call it a blended venue and we believe that it’s a prototype for the future of workspaces. Because our vision is clear: Their future looks brighter, if their future is blended.
– Welcome visitors, suppliers and employees, preferably with a million-dollar smile
– Roll up your sleeves to help your beloved colleagues out with typical office stuff, such as setting up meeting rooms and stocking up office supplies
– Assist with setting up and cleaning away the lunch buffet
– Make sure our venue is squeaky clean, and stays that way
– Yes, that includes the kitchen, the studio, the toilets, the meeting rooms and the gym
– Process the daily mail. We don’t mean the newspaper. We mean shipping packages, and such
– Come up with creative ideas for fun sport activities, afternoon drinks and other events
– Help us to organise those events and be flexible to work the occasional evening shift
– Schedule and script events, like a boss. Or at least be prepared to learn that from the pros
– Organise and prepare Friday afternoon drinks. You can help yourself while you’re at it, too 😉