D/DOCK is a spatial and conceptual design community that aims to develop honest and effective spaces for humans, nature and society. We believe we can – and must – make a positive impact on our environment by means of our creative integrity. We are a group of architects, engineers, designers, psychologists, project managers and developers who design for the human scale, from the inside out. In this rapidly changing world we’ve said farewell to the traditional boundaries of scale, function, process and physical environment. Our portfolio therefore ranges in scale from chair to city, from concept to activation, from local to international and from art to apps. We have recently found our new home in the upcoming area Amsterdam Houthavens where we have transformed an old sawmill into a conscious business community – DB55.
Some examples of our ideations: Learning Landscapes (how to design a school), Furnify (how to develop circular design to contribute to a sustainable world), Impact Development (real estate development with a purpose), MEOW, My Extraordinary Workspace (an app that connects remote workers with premium hotels). Or take a look at our projects, such as INTOS, ‘t Huys, or Goede Doelen Loterijen.
Join us if you are a Graphic Designer who:
– Wants to make a positive impact on people and the planet.
– Appreciates the unexpected and has a flexible and open attitude.
– Thinks conceptually and outside traditional boundaries.
– Has a BSc degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
– Has 2+ years of transferable experience.
– Is fluent in Dutch and English, spoken and written.
– Has strong communication and team working skills and is also capable of meeting deadlines individually.
– Is able to translate abstract ideas into powerful visual output for print, online and spatial design.
– Is capable of taking responsibility together with the Brand Designer of the design and development of the identity of D/DOCK and its subsidiaries.
– Has the ambition and ability to come up with creative concepts and knows how to communicate them persuasively.
– Has a strong ability to prepare, design, develop and edit documents in Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote.
– A full-time position (part-time is negotiable), starting as soon as you can.
– Inspiring seasonal sessions, Friday afternoon drinks, sporting challenges and classes such as cycling tours and kick-box classes.
– An environment in which you can grow personally and professionally. Supported by study trips, workshops, a personal training budget and an open, playful and transparent culture.
– The nicest colleagues! (no joke).