Medior Interior Designer
D/DOCK is a spatial and conceptual design community that aims to develop honest and effective spaces for humans, nature and society. We believe we can – and must – make a positive impact on our environment by means of our creative integrity.
We are a group of 50+ architects, engineers, designers, psychologists, project managers and developers who design for the human scale, from the inside out. In this rapidly changing world we’ve said farewell to the traditional boundaries of scale, function, process and physical environment. Our portfolio therefore ranges from chair to city, from concept to activation, from local to international and from art to apps. We have recently found our new home in the upcoming Amsterdam Houthavens where we have transformed an old sawmill into a conscious business community – DB55.
Some recent examples of our ideations: Learning Landscapes (how to design a school), Furnify (how to develop circular design to contribute to a more sustainable world), Impact Development (real estate development with a purpose), MEOW – My Extraordinary Workspace (an app that connects remote workers with premium hotels). Or take a look at our projects, such as INTOS, ‘t Huys, or Goede Doelen Loterijen.
Join us if you are a Medior Interior Designer who:
• Wants to make a positive impact on people and planet;
• Appreciates the unexpected and has a flexible and open attitude;Thinks outside traditional boundaries;
• Has a BSc or MSc degree in Interior design, Architecture or similar;
• Has 3+ years of transferable experience;
• Is fluent in English, spoken and written.
• Has strong conceptual and design skills;
• Has a wide knowledge of products, materials, and construction methods;
• Has the ambition and abilities to take an essential role in both fast design pitches and detailed developed design processes, collaborating with multi-disciplinary team members and external parties;
• Communicates clearly in text, drawings and spoken word supported by Keynotes and sketches;
• Has a strong ability to prepare, design, develop and edit drawings and models in Vectorworks 2D+3D, Sketchup, Photoshop, (and desirable but not a necessity) Revit.
• A fulltime position (parttime is negotiable), starting as soon as you can;
• As far as the latest restrictions will allow: inspiring seasonal sessions, Friday afternoon drinks, sporting challenges and classes such as cycling tours and kickbox classes;
• An environment in which you can grow personally and professionally. Supported by study trips, workshops, a personal training budget and an open, playful and transparent culture;
• The nicest colleagues! (no joke).
Does all of this make your heart beat faster? Then send your resume, portfolio and motivation to Merel de Hoog via email@example.com